Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Book Review-Open House by Elizabeth Berg

As I had mentioned in a previous post, this book was sent to me by my friend Colleen in Georgia as we exchange books that we enjoyed. 
It can be found on Amazon 
This book is a very easy read and since I had the time it took me only six hours at the most to read. 
The book is about a women named Samantha who was 42.  She and her husband had an 11 year old son.  She knew that her marriage was becoming stale and her husband was becoming distant.  She tried to speak to him about going to a counselor and working out their problems but he was not interested in that.  He ended up moving out and the book is about her journey of finding herself and coping with the emotional roller coaster that she had to go through.  Along her journey she met many new people and found a side of herself that she had left behind when she got married and was raising her son.  I enjoyed this book and gave it 7 out of 10 stars. 

1 comment:

Peace_Lily said...

I just finished reading The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender. It is a very good book. I particularly loved the way the author described scenes, they were very vivid. The ending was quick, not bad, but missing something. I think that is what the author intended though.