Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Book Review-Dewey the Library Cat

This book was given to my by my friend Leah last year.  I needed to pick up something light since all I had been looking at for 5 months were text books.  Oh my gosh, I fell in love with it.  It was a two day read. 
Dewey Readmore Books started out as just a tiny dirty kitten that was put into the book return slot at the Spencer Iowa Public Library on one of the coldest days of the year.  This book is more than a story about a cat, its about a town and a family.  It was just a feel good, heartwarming story.  Dewey lived a good long life, he touched many people at the library and around the world.  It was amazing how his story snowballed to world wide fame from tiny Spencer Iowa. 
From the reviews on the back of the book there was one from W.P. Kinsella, author of Shoeless Joe-and yes I recognized the name from Field of Dreams-another Iowa setting.  "I loved this heartwarming story, with a five-hankey ending, that is not just about an extraordinary cat, but of the resilience and humanity of the people of Iowa."

No comments: