Sunday, March 16, 2014

Happy St. Patricks Day

We get together with my in-laws to do some St. Paddy celebrating.  My Mother-in-Law loved St. Patrick's day and we keep the tradition going.  It's been nice in the past years to celebrate with lawn chairs and beer in the cemetery but some years it has been very cold.  This is a dessert I made to take...it's called  Ritz-Pistachio Dessert and here is the recipe.
2 packages Ritz crackers, crushed.
1 stick of margarine or butter melted.
Mix together and pat into the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan.

Then mix together:
2 cups softened vanilla ice cream
1 1/2 cups milk
2 (31/2 oz) pistachio instant pudding
Do this until thick and then pour on top of the crust

Put whipped cream on top and then I dropped some green food coloring on the whipped cream and swirled it with toothpicks.
I then shaved chocolate off a chocolate bar.

Cover and cool until ready to eat..

 

A decorated rock to put on her grave.


Our decorated St. Paddy tree.

A closeup

Door Decoration

And for good measure a couple of green peppers I had 
sitting on the counter.

Don't forget to wear your green, unless you want to get pinched!

No comments: