Monday, July 29, 2013

What to do for dinner 3/30

I left home this morning with no thoughts of what to make for the evening meal.  I don't know about anybody else, but some days I just draw a blank.  Sometimes you can make breakfast for dinner, some people just have bowls of cereal.....that would not fly at my house.  There would be complaints.  Throw burgers on the grill which is quick and tasty.  My husband is a much better griller than I am, that is his job.  When I have to grill I am in and out and sidetracked by making everything else.  Something gets overdone or burned....just not a good thing. He just does excellent.

So I came up with Taco Salad.  I had hamburger that I thawed in the microwave.  I always have taco seasoning on hand.  I like to get Krogers lower sodium packets.
Everybody makes their taco salad different and I am sure I make mine different each time.  It's usually what I have on hand.

I started out with my cooked ground beef with the seasoning.

 


I then tore apart and salad spinned my iceberg lettuce and spinach.
Layed it out nicely on the plates.


I then added black beans and corn.


Putting a few dollops of warm meat on top of the corn and beans.



Fresh tomatoes from the neighbors garden.


Scrunched up nacho cheese taco chips to pour on the top.


Finally a little bit of cheese that I had on hand.  Normally I use cheddar but that wasn't an option tonight.

The finished result, a beautiful and tasty taco salad. 

I added a little of my favorite dressing and it did the trick!

I am curious, who usually cooks in your house?  Do you have any good ideas for quick evening meals? I am interested in something new.
 

No comments: