Monday, July 1, 2013

Toronto Canada

Crossing the St. Clair river into Canada. We had no problem at the border, a middle aged couple and their son with a car full of stuff did not look threatening.  The border person must have been a baseball fan because he knew all about our destination and that they had $10.00 beers at the ball park and that we would be high up to watch the game.  Whew...hopefully we get back into the US now. 

Pretty Canadian Flag

Toronto-a city of 2 million plus.

The ballpark from our room window.

The Blue Jays and Boston game was on the big TV in the park while they were getting it ready for the game on July 1st.
Our room, we had to get a roll away for Kevin.  The hotel was booked for Canada Day. It will be like our Independence Day, fireworks, parades, yada, yada. 


The open window overlooking the ball park.  We are not to throw things out of the window, I guess even in we catch a home run ball, we can't throw it back. 

A lot of preparation goes into a ballgame.  They had a Canadian football game here a couple of days ago.  You can see the yard lines. The ballpark was lit up throughout the night.  They were cleaning the astroturf with large 4 wheelers, the foul poles went up, behind home base the Blue Jays Circle was in this morning. It will be interesting to see what that red and white banner is, there in the seats, something to do with Canada Day I am sure.  They have just gotten done painting the baselines as I am writing this. I saw the first person at 6:00 this morning and we went to sleep at 10:30 last night and the workers were still there. 

I like to throw a picture of myself in every so often.  I had Tom take it by this lovely violet picture in the room.

I had Tom sit in this high backed chair, he said it was a VERY uncomfortable chair-hence the reason for the goofy look...I guess.

Underneath the CN Tower.  I don't know what it is all about but those lines on the side have elevators that go up. We won't be going up though.

One of the entrances for the Rogers Center to buy tickets. Click on this link and it tells all about all the pictures I am showing.

A sculpture above the sign in the picture above.

Entrance to the CN Tower.

A walkway bridge.  There is a person in the middle with an electric guitar playing for money.  There was an artist selling his work to the right.

I thought those flowers were beautiful.


What a rush to have a huge picture of yourself on the side of a building.  Think their Mom's want them when the Blue Jays take them down?  Roll them up and save them in the attic.

I liked the seagull sitting on the lamp post that was displaying a blue jays banner.

Canadian architecture seems to be boxier and lots and lots of windows. 
It's a big busy city.  The usual saying-it's a great place to visit. 

Sculpture of two woodpeckers on a pole.

Toronto Police Harbor Boats.

A side view of the previously shown sculpture.

I would bet tonight, there will be fireworks in the Harbor.

I know I had a bunch of pictures....but there is so much to share.
Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: