Monday, July 22, 2013

Quilters Hall of Fame

In Marion Indiana, 45 minutes south of Fort Wayne, there is a restored home that has been made into the Quilters Hall of Fame.  Bricks were offered for sale and my sister Linda and I purchased one for our Mothers name when she passed away in 1997. Every year they have a celebration in July and induct a new quilter into the hall of fame.  It is a 3 day affair with quilts showing, classes and talks.  I don't ever get to it but I do try to see the quilts.  My friend and I went down this last friday.  They show quilts in the library, Marie Webster Home (QHOF) and a school with a merchants mall.     

I liked the design and colors of this quilt.

I especially like the stars in the middle and the little flying geese bordering the stars.

Here is my lovely friend Toni on the porch of the QHOF.

Myself in front of the sign.

The beautiful restored home of Marie Webster.  She started quilting when she was 50 and then started her own quilting design company and her patterns were published in womens magazines. 

On the National Historic Landmark register.

A quilt made during the civil war that was in fabulous shape.

This also was an old quilt that I enjoyed the colors of.


I am drawn to vibrant colored quilts.

This is not one I would make, but wouldn't it be nice for a girls room?

I liked the quilting and the colors in this wallhanging.

These are old four patch appliqued quilts made in the 1800's.  They were all as pretty as the next. There were 13 displayed.

This is a windblown tulip pattern that is so nicely done.  Mountain Mist used to give away patterns with their batting.

Another windblown tulip pattern, just a little differently done.  So pretty!  I hope you enjoyed.



No comments: