Saturday, February 27, 2010

Relief at Last

ALL week I have been fighting the mother of all sinus infections. Today there is relief! It is like in the cartoons, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and I feel better. It did take two different antibiotics and practically owning stock in Mucinex. I read in the paper that the doctors offices were full of people with sinus infections. My family is happy I know, because I was becoming mean.....more than normal.
THIS picture is the second of the series. It is done mostly in watercolor. The rubbing I am sure you can tell was The World Trade Center. I used the salt technique to make the layers show through the different watercolors. I had a great scroll acrylic stamp I used for the sides.

I wanted to share this fish drawing that my Son Kevin drew in his first art class. I was very impressed with his attention to detail and shading. It took a beating in his bookbag. We will iron it and frame it and hang it in a prominent place. I think he has got the talent!

THE books I am showing are a couple from my first simple pleasure. Aren't they just so pretty, and hardback. Such a great buy.

THE kitchen utensil I have here is my Simple Pleasure #3. My good friend Pam gave this to me for Christmas and it was HER new favorite and now it is mine. Let me tell you it is great! When I have ground beef that I want to break up and cook with this handy dandy gadget I end up with nice little pieces all the same size. It doesn't scratch the pan up either. It is from Pampered Chef and it is called Mix N Chop for $10.00. Trust me I have nothing to do with Pampered Chef just a consumer that found a new gadget.









1 comment:

Toni said...

Robin i love the picture of me and my dog. Thanks