Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Maiden Voyage




Welcome to my blog! A year ago I picked up an Artful Blogging Magazine http://www.stampington.com/html/artful_blogging.html to take on vacation and couldn't put it down. I was thrilled with each new issue and kept thinking I could do this. It is a virtual show and tell and I love that. It just really opened up my world and it was so enjoyable to go to the blogs that were featured. The thing I noticed the most was that these people were so kind and saw such good in the world. Artists have kind souls!


I am new to the painting, drawing and mixed media art world but am and old hand at quilting, rubberstamping and scrapbooking. I hope to get feedback from others about my work and plan to post about things that I feel are interesting, hopefully amusing and throwing in some pictures and some random thing that I noticed today along with simple pleasures that make me smile.


Living in the Midwest it has been a long, cold winter. I am adding this picture as hope that summer will come again. I walked the my neighborhood one day with my camera and captured this wonderful group of sunflowers that the people down the street grew. Aren't they just great?

I liked them so much I had to do a little picture of my own.
Sorry that I haven't gotten the picture placement totally right, I will have to work on this. I hope they brought a little bit o'sunshine to your day.
Here is my 1st simple pleasure. I love to go to Michaels Craft Store and look at their $1.00 bins. You can get journals with lined paper for just a $1.00!!! I love new paper to write on and the outsides are so pretty. Right now I have 7 in my closet shelf just waiting for the right time to jot down some proverbial thought, list, or something to remember. It just makes me happy.









No comments: