Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pansies





Pansy's, I just love them. It is even too cold outside for them right now They are just so sweet and come in so many pretty colors, how could you not believe in God after looking at the different designs and colors. They even smell sweet and reseed themselves!
When I designed this picture I had to put a pansy in it because they come in the cool spring with the time of new birth and that goes along with the picture. It is a series of 3 with this being the first. The rubbing is the brick arch building at the entrance to the public cemetery in Gettysburg Pennsylvania, very hallowed ground to walk on. I have also used watercolors and acrylics and clear dimensional coating over the clock. I made this in a watercolor art class a couple of years ago.
Simple pleasure #2: Patterned Paper. It is great, so much to choose from and always coming out with new designs. If you need a pick-me-up, go to the craft store and buy a piece at only .50 cents to $1.00. Have a plan for what you can use it for or just save it away to get back out and look at. My good friend Theresa and I say...well if we use then we won't have it. But then if we use it then we can buy more! It's a vicious cycle! I used a double sided piece for this card. I love yellow and blue together, very cheerful. I can tuck this away in my box and when I need a birthday/anniversary/thinking of you card I can add some other pictures and sentiments to it and it will be good to go.

No comments: