Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Boys of Summer




























BASEBALL and The Detroit Tigers are steady figures at our house. Our basement bar is navy blue and orange, we have a great fathead of the Old English D with the tiger crashing through it on our wall. The usual street sign of "Tigers Drive" and we had a special one made of the address of Comerica Park, "2100 Woodward Avenue". Comerica Park is not just a regular baseball stadium, it is a beautiful structure with many appealing art elements. Let me show you a few.

We have a special viewing area on our deck where we watch the Tigers on Fox Sports Detroit. Under the gazebo we have an outdoor room set up with rug and wrought iron table with the television, it's wonderful and so enjoyable. We are longing for the warm breezes with the crack of the bat and the cheering crowds.

Above is a watercolor that I did for Tom of Comerica Park at night.
Simple Pleasure #4-Netflix. I love it that the movies come right to my mailbox and they are so fast! I can keep them as long as I want and have no late fees....that rates up there with my checking account that has no fees. Then just drop them back in the mailbox, to get some more sent right back to you. It's just the best!
Oh and last night my friend Theresa and I watched Julie and Julia with Meryl Streep and Amy Adams.REALLY, REALLY good movie and on a scale of 1-10....it gets a 10. There is a chocolate cake in there that I want the recipe for. I will have to go to Simple Pleasure #5....The Library....and check out the cookbook.

No comments: