Sunday, March 8, 2015

Soup n Bread

This, my friends, is going to be some homemade chicken noodle soup. 

On Saturdays especially, I love to get up and make soup and homemade bread.  Have it simmering on the stove for lunch. 

I woke up at 4:30 this morning with lots of thoughts going around in my head.  I decided to not disturb my husband and got up.  I love the times where everyone is asleep and I am up doing my own thing.  I walk out to the foyer and I hear breathing!  My son is asleep on the couch (drats!)...I get him sent down to his bedroom...now...everyone is where they should be!

I am working away, enjoying the peace.

The bread is rising so nicely.
It's gonna be a good batch!

A nice close up of the texture and the indent in the middle.

Three beautiful loaves of bread, ready to double up. 

Nice and brown on top, with a heavenly softness in the middle. 
If I had a bakery I would call it "Heavenly Scent Bakery".
This is so good toasted, with melted butter and little bit of honey. 

Oh by the way, the soup was great.  Found the recipe on Pinterest.
It was supposed to be done in the Crock Pot but it worked well on the stove top.  It called for boneless, skinless chicken thighs and they were perfect. 

Click here for the recipe if you would like.

Enjoy My Friends
Thanks for checking in.

No comments: