Friday, August 15, 2014

this and that

I have a subscription for this magazine and haven't had a chance to crack it open yet.  It's interesting to read how they started their businesses as I hope to open one some day.  I get some valuable information from these ladies.

Another subscription that I have.  I was thrilled when I found they started a magazine on the more traditional and primitive quilts.  A favorite genre of mine.

Picked this cute piggy bank up at an antique shop.  It was way too cute to pass up.

My niece Angie gave this neat bird to me.  It's body is an apple if you can't tell.

sweet face

rear end

birds eye view (pun intended)

A face that said "take me home Robin".

One Friday Toni and I stopped at the Fort Wayne Museum of Art.

Britt Schmiesing made this hand-printed canvas.  I always loved bookhou goods and this is the closest I can find. 

Sam and I went to the flea market in Decatur the first weekend in August.  I found this pretty blue bottle. 

I picked up this handpainted shore bird also.

This book was published recently and I picked it up.  I enjoy learning about the active quilt designers. 

This picture was taken on Tuesday.  Such a dreary, windy cool day for August.

A ceramic magnet I also picked up from the Museum of Art.  It is made by Ralph Stuckman.  The raised tree caught my eye. 

Fun stuff, I enjoyed sharing with you. 
Have a great day!

No comments: