Friday, August 29, 2014

Little Helper



The other morning I was readying the little monkey quilt for quilting.
Putting together the backing and batting with safety pins because I really dislike basting.
My little helper was up with me inspecting the pins, touching them.

Sniffing them

The pins are put where there will be no quilting working from the middle out so it will lay down nicely.  That's the way I hand quilt also, working from the middle out. 

Another close inspection of the pins.  I chose a vibrant red and black sunflower fabric for the backing for interest.

And now making sure there are no hidden foreign objects underneath.  She was a HUGE help and she assured me that she would be there for the next project also.

I look forward to stitching this cute little quilt up. 

Happy Days!
Thanks for stopping.

No comments: