Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I've a little catching up to do

I took on the challenge of 30 posts in 30 days and have failed miserably but I have had a lot of fun in the meantime.  Let me tell you some of the things I've done.  My sister Linda treated me to the musical Les Miserables and it was FANTASTIC!  I just love musicals.  I used to watch them with my Mom on TV.  Oklahoma, and The Unsinkable Molly Brown, The Sound of Music.  Then in high school I was in the band and we had so much fun.  Marching in parades and at Disney World and band camp and also contests, and we were very good.  I was also in the Jazz Band and we played for the school musicals and I just loved that too.

Here I am, my senior year 1978, with my little black scarf and Farrah Fawcett hair and my shiny baritone.  I played the valve trombone in the jazz band.  We performed for company parties and they made donations to the band.  It was a good time.  The last time I played was for graduation, I put it away and never played again,though it left a lasting love of music.   

The next weekend my three friends, Michelle, Theresa and Toni and myself made our annual trek to Sharonville, Ohio (it's a suburb of Cincinnati) to the rubberstamp convention.  It was a good show and we had rented a suite at Hawthorn Suites.   So we set up the room that night for stamping and watching movies and ordered pizza in and lots of snacks.  We stamped till we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore. We did lots of talking and laughing and had so much fun! 


One morning last week I woke up and it was clear and pretty.  Then all the sudden the fog started rolling through.  It was very eery.  It then went away as fast as it came. 
I have been walking with my neighbor Cathy, 3 to 4 times a week at 3+ miles each time.  I do so much better when I walk with someone. 

This is my last week before classes begin and I have been savoring it. The classes I am taking are creative writing, federal income taxes and intro to forensic science.  It all can be interesting.  I picked up my textbooks today and the creative writing has no book to use, he must be going to hand out printouts.  I am amazed at how much textbooks cost.  They do offer used, and rental and eversion.  I have a hard time parting with my books, sometimes I do refer back to them, so I just out and out buy them with the option of selling them back. My two books cost over $400.00, that is just unbelievable. 

I am sorry it took me so long to post...I was out having fun.  Thanks for checking in on me.  I have many ideas to post about now.  Sometimes I get kinda stagnant especially when I am busy.   

No comments: