Sunday, February 24, 2013

Really Tasty Healthy Recipe

I follow a blog called The Shrinking Kitchen.  It's great because they post a whole weeks worth of menus to use.  This Chicken Tetrazzini was in this weeks and it was really good!  I made it today for the evening meal. 

Here is the finished product, 12 one cup squares can come out of it. 
Here is the recipe inserted from the posting:

One ingredient I used that was different than the recipe was whole wheat linguini and only one cup of the shredded cheese on top..

A delicious comfort food that makes TWO 8x8" casseroles! Eat one tonight and freeze one for later.
Gather
1 (16-oz.) package vermicelli
1/2 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
4 cups chopped, cooked chicken breasts
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can Campbell's Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can Campbell's 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can Campbell's Healthy Request cream of celery soup (I omitted and used a 2nd can of cream of chicken)
1 (8-oz.) container light sour cream
1 (6-oz.) jar sliced mushrooms, drained (I personally omitted)
1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 cups (8 oz.) reduced- fat shredded cheddar cheese

Step by step
  1. Cook vermicelli according to package directions; drain. Return to pot, and toss with chicken broth.
  2. Stir together chicken and next 8 ingredients; add vermicelli, and toss well. Spoon mixture into 2 lightly greased 11- x 7-inch (I used 2 8x8s) baking dishes. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
  3. Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
  4. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
  5. BONUS: I put one casserole in the freezer before cooking. One 8x8 was more than enough to feed my family of 4. Freeze unbaked casserole up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature, and bake as directed.Chicken Tetrazzini Lightened Up
  6. Notes: Nutritional information calculated using the recipe as written, not including my modifications and omissions.
    To make Feingold Friendly, I used Amy's Organic Mushroom Soup, 2 cans of Cascadian Farms Organic Cream of chicken (no approved cream of celery), and I also used regular organic cheddar. I made sure that the rest of the ingredients were approved items! Current nutritional information does not apply when modified.
Nutrition
WW PP 8; Calories 305; Total Fat 7.4g; Saturated Fat 3.7g; Cholesterol 40.3mg; Sodium 831.9mg; Potassium 316.7mg; Total Carbohydrates 36.9g; Dietary Fiber 2.2g; Sugars 2.6g; Protein 21.4g;

After I cook I have two really good helpers that clean up.

It's a really good deal.
I hope you like the recipe!

No comments: