Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back Home Again in Indiana

No matter where I go out of state I am always glad to see this sign.
I truly believe there is "no place like home".
On our trip we drove over 1600 miles and it was a whirlwind tour.
In a month we will do it again.
We saw so many things and this is a great camp so it was worth it.

This was the last morning and I had woken up at 4:15 to peek out the window.
It was so picture worthy.


On Tuesday we had gone to the International Wolf Center and enjoyed it.
Wolves are so intelligent and energetic.
After hearing the wolf sounds I am sure that first evening along with the loons I heard a wolf howling. It was very cool.
After we had sat in on a presentation one of the caretakers of the wolves threw out pigs ears so we could see them.  They had been sleeping in the shade of the trees.
This one got his ear and was chewing on it.


This one, his ear went in the water and he had a dilemma of what to do.
So he stood at the waters edge to see if he could get it.

Then he decided to slowly wade in.

Then he was taking a drink.  But he just couldn't bring himself to put his head under the water to get it. He had been gypped.

So he was looking back over there thinking "will you throw me another one"?

Then on the way home I talked Tom into taking a side trip.
This was the location that Laura Ingalls Wilder was born and the first Little House book was written about.
Pepin, Wisconsin.
This was Little House in the Big Woods.
The big woods are not there any more.
The road we took back to it was about 6 miles to town, so Pa had a long way to walk.

They erected a replica cabin that they lived in



Here is the loft that Mary and Laura slept in.



And it had two downstairs bedrooms. (I don't know the girl)
And it also had a big fireplace in the room with room to eat.
On our way home we stayed in Janesville and when we were leaving I noticed this big cow statue.
Probably because of the dairy farms around the state.

We had gotten off on US 30 in Illinois (big mistake) to try to bypass Chicago, we decided it wasn't worth it.
But Lincoln Highway was along this also.  There was a neat fountain for Lincoln Hwy and thought it was picture worthy.

T
This is for my co-workers at The University of Saint Francis.  Here is one of the hospitals that the Sisters of Saint Francis of Perpetual Adoration own.  It is in Dyer, IN, right across the line on US 30.


I just thought this guy was funny.  He was at a Valparaiso putt putt golf place.
Now tomorrow I am back to work.

No comments: