Wednesday, September 3, 2014

clay tile



1st assignment finished last night.  It was a tile, 12 X 20 inches that was supposed to represent yourself and it was all about texture.  So this is me, houses and birds nest with eggs. Welcome pineapple, a cat flowers and the word sanctuary on the front door.  That's how I view my home, as our sanctuary away from it all. 

I used tubular manicotti noodles for the roof tiles and then made bird tracks around the nest with a chicken magnet that I had.  The lines on the house were done with a cake decorating gadget.  Eric, the professor feels that it could break in the firing process if we don't cut it apart at the stress line.  That is between the windows and the door.  So we are going to cut it apart straight across, right above the door. Then I will cut the top apart exactly between the windows.  It will be neat hanging on the wall like a mosaic. 

Thursday is critique day for the class and then they have to dry and get fired. 

It's always fun to see what others have made too. 

I will see if I can get some pictures for you.

Have a happy day!

No comments: