Saturday, May 3, 2014

Cards

School is over for another year.  I was in survival mode after Easter so I had no creative brain cells to speak of.  I am back and they are starting to work again.  Theresa and I went to our annual stamping convention in Akron Ohio last weekend.  As we were driving we were trying to decide how many years we have gone and we came up with at least 11.  It was celebrating 20 years, how does time go by so fast!?  We take our stamping kits so we can play with the stamps we bought after we go out to a great place to eat, which is usually, italian, mexican or chinese.  This time it was Bravo's...so very tasty.  We come back, put on comfy clothes, turn on the tv, laugh, chat, discuss how strange and compelling Criminal Minds is, and stamp.  It's a really great time! She is lucky because she can watch the show and let it go.  I watch the show, discuss how strange the writers minds must be to come up with deranged stories, if there are any truth to the stories, and then horrified if there is some truth and then it stays in my mind for two days.  She really is lucky to be able to watch it and then forget it.....So anyways...about the card above.  I found the little butterfly dies.  They are just the cutest and add personality to the card. It come with 9 different butterflys, the die is small, about 2 X 2.

The next three cards show the same stamp used in three different ways.  There are a whole series of these watercolor stamps.  They are from a company called Rubbernecker stamps and they are out of California.  It's a 4 step process, and so easy because it doesn't have to be perfect.  They are called wildflowers but I feel they look like sweetpeas.  It was demonstrated as stamp a darker color with Tim Holtz distress inks, use a lighter color with a marker (not copics) where the ink didn't stamp.  This can be a "Thinking of You" card or a Birthday.  I don't put anything inside until I need a card.  The greenery is a Tim Holtz die cut and then the other stamp is just a stamp that I lost the name of.  I wanted to use something with a thick outline.  I then put crystal effects on it to make it stand out more. 

Here it is done in blues.  The black card is embossed with the Cuttlebug.  The bird stamp is Darcies.  A nice sympathy card for a male or female.

Here I used some Stampin Up framing dies that I had gotten recently.  The stamped image is on the inside of the card.  Embossed the outside cream paper and used a whimsical font so we don't take ourselves so seriously.  The bottom flowers again are just no name acrylic stamps.  I have a little very fine glitter that I applied the with the glue pen so it wouldn't be so thick.....  I call my way of making cards."Build A Card".  I see an element on another and I decide what stamps I have that will work with that.  No real rhyme or reason, somewhat electic. I am so looking forward to my summer off without school to worry about.  I have lots of plans.   My Theme---Create Something Daily---It's Good For Your Soul.  Please remember to do that. 
  



No comments: