Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Breakfast Cookies

I like some kind of treat with my breakfast in the morning.
I take my breakfast to work so I altered a recipe to make these oatmeal cookies but they are not really sweet.
Kind of like scones. That way I get fiber, protein and not too much sweets or fats but fruits.
Here is my recipe.

Ingredients


3 cups quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup white flour
3/4 cup wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter melted
1 cup cinnamon applesauce
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 cup raisins

Mix all ingredients together and scoop onto a sprayed cookied sheet.  I used a pampered chef scoop.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. 
I packaged them two in a sandwich bag and put them in the freezer, that way when I pack my breakfast and lunch and can just pull a package out of the freezer. 

*Hint* Warm these up in the microwave for 15 seconds before eating. 


No comments: