Monday, February 21, 2011

Spoiled

We are having another winter storm, we got a taste of spring this weekend and we liked it.  The snow was almost gone, all that was needed to go outside was a sweatshirt and the sun was shining.  It was really fabulous!  Monday comes and we wake up to school delays and there is ice on the road.  It really went downhill after that.  The good thing is, it won't stay around. 

I have been having a hard time thinking of interesting things to put on my blog here.  This is the first time I have taken 3 classes at one time. My mind gets fried keeping it all straight.  My Saint Clare-Light and Life class is interesting.  She was quite a gutsy lady for medieval times when women were mostly possessions and didn't get to use their minds.  She was a very Christ like woman who came from a wealthy family and she gave it all up and then her Mother and Sister also followed her.  Here is an image of her.

In my other religion class-Religion East and West we are now discussing Hinduism and Buddhism.  It is a bit hard for my mind to wrap around their beliefs but it is interesting. 

Baseball season is just around the corner, at least spring training has started and just hearing about our beloved Tigers makes us know it is not far away. 
Here is a link to one of our favorite Tigers songs by Jeff Daniels (yes the Jeff Daniels from Dumb and Dumber) but I loved, loved, loved him in Gettysburg as Col Joshua Chamberlain. 
This is Tigers Fan Blues.


Here is one of the best parts in the movie Gettysburg.
I can never say enough good about Gettysburg the movie or the actual place.
I have stood where this scene took place and can feel the soldiers that lost their lives in the huge battle on little round top.  It is hallowed ground.
The music in this movie is also beautiful.


I look forward to working in the yard and came across flower pictures from last year.  Let's do a little dreaming about spring.



It's been a cold winter, we should have some beautiful flowering trees and tulips.

No comments: