Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Book of Poems


I love to buy used books and usually it is from Amazon.  My bookstore at my fingertips.  I try to buy from a dealer who lives near me so I can get them ASAP.  I aquired this book last week but discovered it probably 10 years ago.  It is a huge book of poems that was published in 1938.  I think the cover is great with the needlepoint design.  Here is a poem I found that had an unknown author:

Try Smiling
When the weather suits you not-try smiling.
When your coffee isn't hot-try smiling.
When your neighbors don't do right,
Or your relatives all fight,
Sure 'tis hard, but then you might
Try smiling.

Doesn't change the things, of course-
Just smiling.
But it cannot make them worse-
Just smiling.
And it seems to help your case,
Brightens up a gloomy place,
Then, it sort o' rests your face-
Just smiling.

1 comment: