Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard or Bust

I was a senior in high school during the blizzard of '78.  Now that was a blizzard, the winds howled for two days.  The drifts were huge and we listened to Bob Sievers on WOWO continuously.  It was a very exciting time.  The anticipation leading up to the time when the blizzard is supposed to start is also exciting. I find myself watching the weather channel continuously, where I finally have to tell myself "enough is enough!.
 This one had some howling winds (maybe for 6 hours), some decent amounts of snow, but I feel let down.  I am still waiting for the one that compares to the great Blizzard of '78.  Maybe it is a once in a lifetime thing??
A few pictures from our "blizzard".

Here is was just starting.  We had gotten some snow the day before also.

You can tell the wind is blowing.

The next day is was still snow some but the wind had stopped.

The shoveling out.

We are told we got 10 1/2 inches.  I can't tell which is the drift and which is the regular snowfall. 
Like I said, I am still waiting for the big one.  On a scale of 1 to 10...I give this one a 3. 

No comments: