Saturday, January 8, 2011

Adobe Illustrator

I was cleaning out a box and came across my Computer Graphics assignment book.  I will do a few posts by sharing the assignments and what I did with them.  Here is a background on Adobe Illustrator or in a nutshell a photo can be saved on it and then can be manipulated and then turned into something big like a poster or billboard without losing any content or clarity.  Instead of using pixels like regular photos it rasterizes it so it can be made very large.  It was a program I totally had to learn, I enjoyed it and felt very accomplished after I finished the class with an A-.

The first assignment that I will share we had to make a travel poster. 



First thing we had to do was put down on paper some ideas and draw up a rough draft.
Then find some pictures on the Internet with high resolutions.
Here is the Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island.

Here is one of the Ferry Boats that goes over to Mackinaw Island

Here is the Mackinaw Bridge.

This is the finished product.
It is one of my favorites in regards to the colors and images in it.
We love the state of Michigan.
I will get this framed sometime and probably put it in our family room in the basement.

No comments: