Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friends and Gifts

Our friends Bob and Nan came over last night. We usually get together at least once a week to bounce the happenings of our lives off each other, solve the problems of the world and enjoy some friendly libations. During basketball season our bar is very active. Tom and Bob finished our basement together and since the bar occupies a small corner It was named this. The name also stems from the idea that both men call each other "Coach". Being avid fans of Bob Knight I don't remember when they started calling each other this but it has stuck for a long time. We are very happy to have the gift of their friendship as we all have been with each other through the highs and lows of our lives.

Nan works for cancer treatment doctors and this week is daffodil week for cancer. I was the lucky recipient of a bouquet of daffodils, because there were some left over. My daffodils haven't bloomed yet in the yard and was overjoyed to get these beauties. A beautiful thing for a serious illness.

This great little needlepoint picture I had given to my friend Theresa for a housewarming gift for her new home. I think that pineapples are wonderful and especially since they mean "welcome". I picked up a second picture to keep for myself, because no matter where you move that is home.

When Sam came along my friend and coworker Mary Lou gave me this picture that she had her neighbor make. That same neighbor had made that picture for Mary Lou also when her children started to come along. I think of it often when outside activities start pulling and calling.




























No comments: