Thursday, March 21, 2013

Weigh In Day

No weight loss this week.  I just was not surprised when I stepped on the scales.  I didn't feel any lighter.  Not that I had a big eating binge...nothing changed.  I documented on My Fitness Pal, ate all the right foods and exercised.  It has been unusually cold this week for this time of the year, maybe my body doesn't want to let go of any of the fat.  It needs it to keep warm.  That's as good of an answer that I can give. The thought as always....at least there was not weight gain. 

A few items I want to share with you this week.

Hobo Dinner Revisited

We pulled out an old favorite this last Sunday.
 Uncooked Ground beef at the bottom (you can't see it).
Corn
Peas
Green Beans
Sliced Potatoes
Bacon it's better if it is cooked
For the liquid-chicken noodle soup
Wrap it in foil so it doesn't leak.  Put another piece on the outside.
If everyone chooses to make their own be sure to put their initials on the outside with a sharpie pen.
Put on the grill at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.  Turning over once.
So good...So easy...So tasty.
 

Found these two books on my Marshalls Shopping Trip.
They are so full of good ideas and recipes.
I don't know about you but books jump start my ideas especially when they get depleted.
It's like gasoline for my mind.
I recommend picking them up from the library and see if they are a help for you too.

This book makes the higher fat versions into lower fat, calorie and sugar recipes.
Many times it calls for a few lesser known ingredients but you can substitute what you have found to work for your recipes, and they can probably be found easier in the grocery.
If anything this book certainly introduces new ingredients I didn't know existed.

Give it a try, it also has may good tips.
Ahhhh, the smell of onions and green peppers together, I love it.  To me this says FAJITAS!
I found a great make your own fajita seasoning recipe.
Packaged seasonings are so full of sodium.  This one has one teaspoon of salt and you can leave it out if you want.
It tasted and smelled so good!

Make it Yourself-Fajita Seasoning

1 T cornstarch
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. sugar
1 crushed chicken boullion cube
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. cumin

Mix together, keep in an airtight container.
Add some and water to cooked steak or chicken for your fajitas.
You will just have to experiment to see how much you like on your meat.

I hope you like it as much as I did.
Enjoy.

No comments: