Saturday, February 16, 2013

Building a 3-D card

I needed to make a sympathy card recently.  One of my favorite flowers is the poppy and this stamp is a Hero Arts Cling.  That means that it clings to an acrylic block. The tricky part to this stamp is getting the background to stamp completely.  I stamped the image 3 times on regular white card stock.
I chose the one that covered the most background then decided the colors.  I have 36 Prismacolor
Watercolor Pencils which I am going to use for this project.  Watercolor pencils just melt and blend so nicely it is unbelievable. Since this is for a woman, I chose mostly pinks for a more subtle effect. 

When I was done coloring I took a #1 round brush and water and blended it in. 


On the other two images I colored in the parts that are going to be 3-D and blended those and let them dry.

I cut the pieces out and put little pieces of two sided foam tape on the back of each piece.  Two or three pieces on the larger ones. 


I applied them to the areas that they match up to.

Here is the finished card.  A light pink base card and then some subtle printed paper and a white border around the image.  I tried black and hot pink but I felt it was too bold for a sympathy card. 
The "with sympathy" stamp is by Stamps by Judith.

Hope you enjoyed and thank you for stopping by!

No comments: