Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Oatmeal Muffins

It was back to work today after 11 heavenly days off.  I came home to make supper, with 3 hungry men wondering what it was going to be.  One thing this year I wanted to do was make more thoughtful, healthier meals, so here is what I came up with.
Chicken Thighs and Legs with the skin removed and with Shake and Bake on each.
Baked in a foil lined 9 X 15 pan.
Frozen Peas (my favorite)
multigrain pasta bowties with a little butter and garlic pepper seasoning
oatmeal muffins

I thought I would share this recipe.
It turned out really well and is just slightly sweet.

Oatmeal Muffins

1 cup quick oats
1 cup buttermilk (I always keep the dried buttermilk on hand)
1 egg
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup craisins (any dried fruit will do that you have on hand)
Made 15 muffins
Mix all ingredients and spoon into muffin papers 2/3 full.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.


If you try these let me know what you think.

No comments: