Saturday, December 10, 2011

decorating around the house

Every year the Nativity goes in a different place.
I didn't have a nearby nail to hang the angel so I put an angel that my niece Wendy had made. 
She is looking over everyone.
I made this set 31 years ago.  Some pieces are chipped, some heads have been glued back on, but it's still a favorite of mine.  It brings back memories of quiet nights I was home by myself, when Tom was working.

Baby Jesus

Since I have my tall bookcase this year, the Santas fit well on it.

This church I made the next year after the Nativity.  I haven't put it out for a while.  In fact the boys asked where it came from.  I guess they didn't remember it.

The corner cabinet with the snowmen.

A gaggle of snowmen?

This whimsy Santa Tom gave me one year.

A Heartwood Creek Santa by Jim Shore

An old friend made this for me one year. 
Wonderful Crosstitching!

My Mom poured these out of plaster of paris.
Painted and stained these Santas.
She made one for all her kids.
She was a very crafty lady.
Tom has a little tree with shiny ornaments in his box window.
It adds to the decor of the front of the house.

No comments: