Friday, September 9, 2011

School Days are back

It has been a busy two weeks at work and since school has started so has the homework.  The three classes I am taking this semester are Photography (actual manual, film developing photography, Online Sociology and Speech (one of my biggest phobias) this class will be so good for me.  This is why I haven't been able to post much.  We did work in the dark room this last Wednesday and made a photogram, which essentially is taking photo paper and laying items on it that can be seen through.  The photopaper is put on the enlarger and a light is shined for a few seconds.  Then it gets developed with the chemicals and above is my photogram. It has my pill bottle with ibuprofen and acetaminophen that can be seen through it.  A decorative key with a leather strap from my purse.  A paperclip with a flower design.  My necklace and a pen that has a see through middle.  I think photo paper is really magical.  You put it in chemicals and wha-la it has something developed on it.  The photo paper is in a box in a black bag and it cannot be opened in the light or it will turn black and be no good.  It will be fun sharing my experiences with the dark room.

No comments: