Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar Night







Sitting here watching the Academy Awards. I always enjoy the opening and hope to get some good laughs and I like seeing everyone in their finery. Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin being the hosts this year. Sometimes the jokes flop but they still just keep going on. I sometimes wish that Steve Martin would just get happy feet again, he is just so serious anymore. The funniest I remember is when Billy Crystal was the host and kept making comments about Jack Palance. They just had the tribute to John Hughes, he made so many great movies and made so many stars. More than what I realized. He left too soon. I am always also interested in seeing the tribute to all the artists that passed away the last year since I often forget. Great artists that entertain us.

My sister Linda and I took a weekend trip in October to Berea Kentucky. We had a wonderful time looking at all the fun art and shops. Eating at the local restaurants and stayed in the cutest cottage. I am sharing some of the pictures from the trip.

The other picture I made for a very dear family friend, Angie. Again I made it after reading Kelly Rae Roberts book "Taking Flight".

My 7th Simple Pleasure....Sunshine....We have had 6 Glorious Days of it. Sunshine makes a soul instantly feel better.

No comments: